Taurus colling line tranny leak

Got a Taurus with a connection leak at the tranny. Replaced the fitting. Still leaks. Took line off, blew air though. Still leaks. Seems like too much pressure???? Can i plug these lines and forget
about it? I dont tow. Thanks Ben
Got a Taurus with a connection leak at the tranny. Replaced the fitting. Still leaks. Took line off, blew air though. Still leaks. Seems like too much pressure???? Can i plug these lines and forget about it? I dont tow. Thanks Ben
No you can not plug the lines and forget about it, you will burn up the transmission. It is not an overpressure condition either. Is the leak in the line or at the fitting? If it is in the line replace the line. If it is the fitting check to make sure the line is not cracked where it goes into the fitting, if that is ok, replace the o-ring and fitting.

Sorry Ben you can not disconnect and plug the lines unless you want to spend several grand for a new trans.
First determine where the leak is coming from on the fitting. Where it screws into the transaxle housing, or where the line connects to the fitting.
If it is where the line goes into the fitting make sure you did not damage the "O" ring seals when you reinstalled the line. I have also seen the lines themselves crack in the area where it goes into the fitting so check your lines carefully for cracks and replace the line if necessary.
If the fitting is leaking where it screws into the transaxle make sure you torque the fitting to specs. Make sure that the fitting came with sealant on the threads.
Hope this Helps
L.

I have replaced the metal fitting 3 times. It is leaking where the line goes into the fitting. The line is not cracked. Its a constant flow. Like the fitting and line arnt ment for eachother? Everthing clicks in. But i am getting a constant flow...... Any alternatives? The fitting is 28 bucks evertime i go to ford and its hard not to crack that little plastic peice. Thanks guys. I am so dumb founded on this one.... When you look at it its like "ge wiz whys it doing that!!!! -Ben

=====================Its a snap-on type fitting? Sounds like you have a bad o-ring in there......Are you cleaning it off and replacing the o-ring?