Taurus coolant tank leak

I have a 2000 Taurus wagon , 3.0 V-6 with 98,000 miles. The coolant tank is leaking. I can't be sure if it's the tank or the hoses. How can I find the source of the leak? And is it difficult to replace the tank and where can I find detailed instructions to do it?

Thanks,

Larry

Reply to
Harry

You would locate the source of the leak the same way a tech will.... "looking closely" has it's rewards. A radiator pressure tester would likely help, but, even then, looking will be the answer....

There is nothing magical when it somes to auto repair... it is a matter of logic along with cause and effect.....

Others seem to find nothing wrong with driving for extended periods of time with obvious concerns. My loving bride is often required to drive long stretches on a lonley highway (in a nasty climate, I might add) and I can ill afford to have her drive something with a known concern. For any concerns, I employ the same technique I use in my daily routine......

Reply to
Jim Warman