Taurus Cooling System Flush

I just acquired a 99 Taurus wagon and hoped someone here could tell me how to flush the cooling system as it is different from anything I have worked on. Also the power antenna will not retract...does it have a replaceable strap inside like some Japanese cars? Thanks

Reply to
JW

dont post in html mode

And dont use a flush agent if shortly after shut/cool-down the coolant is clear. Just replace all you can drain out

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

just pull the lower hose off of the radiator. He means don't worry about flushing if its not dirty, just drain and replace with a 50/50 mix of water and coolant.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman