taurus cruise control

When I set the cruise a noise (like someone blowing of the edge of an empty bottle) comes from under the hood. Any ideas guys? 1998 Taurus Wagon
with vulcan. Also the cruise works fine in all ways except for the strange noise.
Thanks in advance

I had a similar issue with my 96 Taurus and had forgotten all about until I saw your post. It went away of it's own accord. Hmmmm ........
Well thanks jimbo although not too helpful I atleast know I am not alone now :-)