Taurus door chime sounds after replacing ingition switch.

A couple months ago I replaced the ignition switch in our 1993 Ford Taurus. Since then, the door chime makes it's little noise any time the drivers door is opened, with or without the key in the ignition
Any ideas how to keep the chimer from chiming when the key is not in the switch will be greatly appreciated by my wife who drives the Taurus regularly.
Thanks, B.