Taurus Fuel stoppage

Lost fuel to engine on 99 Taurus 3.0 L. No fuel at injector manifold. jiggled fuel cut-off switch in trunk and, lo-and-behold it would start and run fine. Ford service people said
sometimes the fuel pump in the tank cuts out at higher temps. Doesn't make sense that jiggling the fuel cut-off switch cured this problem since the car wasn't bumped, unless its an intermittent switch. Looking for ideas on the potential fuel pump problem, fail rates, etc. Any help appreciated. Thanks in Advance, Van
jiggled fuel cut-off switch in trunk ?, check for loose or broken wires at switch this does happen

car
Change your fuel filter as well. I've had a few problems with the Fords and fuel filters.
Patrick Kingofallcabs

Yep, did that also. Was a little dirty, mechanic said. I'll keep looking at the fuel switch at this point. Still looking for any help with the fuel pump. Just want to try to eliminate it as a potential problem.
Thanks, Van

make
the
Thanks