Taurus Heater

1999 Taurus. Blows cold air. I have had the heater core flushed out. Also tried closing the blender door manually. Got hot air for a couple of days, then swiched to defrost
and lost the heat. Presently I get a blast of hot air for about 30 seconds when the heater is turned on and then it turns to cold.
Any help would be much appreciated.
thx
Peter
seller wrote:

probablly a vacuum hose loose under the dash or the vacuum motor on the heater door is shot?????
not sure about the taurus in particular but lots of late fords have a problem with the blend door breaking and the door just moves around as it pleases. i have mainly seen this on expeditions so far. rusto

On Expeditions ? Glad I just traded mine in on an Excursion.

This problem is not a new one. Had same problem on my '81....not a hellofalot of fun to fix either. Ford uses two plastic rivets to attach the blend doors' hinge to the plastic plenum. The plastic rivet that holds the top of the hinge breaks and the door can't close properly.
Dave S(Texas)