Taurus Heater

1999 Taurus. Blows cold air. I have had the heater core flushed out. Also tried closing the blender door manually. Got hot air for a couple of days, then swiched to defrost and lost the heat. Presently I get a blast of hot air for about 30 seconds when the heater is turned on and then it turns to cold.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thx

Peter

Reply to
seller

probablly a vacuum hose loose under the dash or the vacuum motor on the heater door is shot?????

Reply to
jim

Reply to
<rusto11

On Expeditions ? Glad I just traded mine in on an Excursion.

Reply to
plaguebeast

This problem is not a new one. Had same problem on my '81....not a hellofalot of fun to fix either. Ford uses two plastic rivets to attach the blend doors' hinge to the plastic plenum. The plastic rivet that holds the top of the hinge breaks and the door can't close properly.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt