taurus ignition switch linkage

help!! I am desperately trying to figure out how to replace the broken linkage between the ignition switch and the key cylinder on a '97 Taurus. This a plastic 2-piece arm that is connected with a link to
accomodate the tilt steering wheel. I am totally stymied as to how to remove and replace these pieces...any help is greatly appreciated.