Taurus M85 (1998) and E85 (2005)

Hi,

I am trying to find out some technical data for the Ford Taurus 1998 and 2005 (both FFV). The former used Methanol 85 while the latter uses Ethanol 85.

I need to know the following information:

- Horsepower of each of those cars' engines

- Top speed they can reach

- Miles they can go without refueling

I know both use an V6 3.0L engine but I cannot find the above information anywhere

Thanks!

Reply to
Mark

1998 - 145 hp 2005 - 155 hp

Governed at 112 MPH.

1998 - 16 gallon tank. If filled to the rim, you may get ~20 gallons out if you run it dry. 2005 - 18 gallon tank. It may be the same, just a different rating.

Figure 15% to 25% lower fuel economy, & range, on M85 or E85. The published/rated mpg figures for the cars you are looking at are readily available on the net.

Soooo, where's the alcohol power race coming up?

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Also:

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Thanks a lot for the information! :-)

Where on earth are those ? I spent hours looking for this information

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark

Thanks again Rob. I visited that site but could not find info for the taurus 1998 so I gave up and did not use if to get info about the 2006 model

Reply to
Mark

1998 Taurus FUEL ECONOMY: 19 mpg city, 28 mpg highway, 20.3 mpg test

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1