Taurus no heat

I have a 1998 taurus with 100K on the clock. I have noticed this winter that the heat output has gotten poor (and I live in SC). Temperature guage is normal so I don't suspect the thermostat. Seems
like probably the heater core. Has any one had any luck with a fix besides changing the heater core?
Most likely the blend door problem, common to a lot of 97-98 FoMoCo products.
Bob Niles wrote:

In posted on Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:50:21 -0600:

Any more elaboration on that? I know where my blend door is. I haven't actually removed that little cover to see if EVERYTHING is working right because when I twist the temperature control knob, I can see a little arm moving through its full range.
And if it is the blend door, what's the fix?
Damaeus
The little arm may be moving through its full range, but if the plastic hinge that it's connected to is broken, the door isn't going anywhere. Either a new door with new hinge or fix the existing hinge with epoxy and a small hose spring clamp as a splint.
Damaeus wrote:

Hi Bob....just bought a 99 Taurus a couple of months back. When it got cold outside, I realized that I had no (little). Had to replace a sensor and the Temp. Motor (?). Still not much heat, so had the Heater core flushed. Now I have plenty of heat. Fortunately, the core didn't leak so it seems to have fixed the problem. I'm wondering if I really needed to replace the parts...I think in hind sight, I would have started with flushing the core....good the the dealer re-imbursed me!
(Just my un-educated experience with Taurus heating---David)