Taurus rear disc brakes ,

I'm trying to replace the pads on my 99 Taurus . According to the manual ,I need to screw in the caliper piston to seat it .I've been turning it in about 20 turns but it doesnt seem to move in at all.Am I not doing this
right? I disconnected the parking brake cable when turning it.
rudyc wrote:

Rotate rear disc brake piston and adjuster CLOCKWISE using Rear Caliper Piston Adjuster T87P-2588-A until piston is fully seated.
Rob

and it's a slow job
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

into the bore. If i'm remembering the internal construction of those calipers correctly, 20 turns in either direction would mean internal problems with the caliper.