taurus (Tbird?)coolant loss

Tbird poster - see if this relates.
93 Taurus wagon startedb losing coolant 12-? mos ago. I was told (by several) that Taurus plastic radiator tanks of that vintage (whether
just that period problem or aging) often split/cracked/whatever.
Mine is on the driver side. Only advice has been new radiator. Local (Boston) quotes 200 tho my brother in SC says he could get it for 90.
FWIW I've done OK refilling as needed.It bleeds after you stop, but I can go 100 + mi without overheating. Just watch the temp guage. Antifreeze mix in winter, just water (the old days?) above feezing:)
But I'd like suggestions...not buy a new car:)
Brad

Replace the radiator. If you are leaking that much water, the leak will get worse.
Plus, even if it didn't, sooner or later, you will forget to watch the gauge and will be replacing more than just the radiator.
Jeff

avalanche* wrote:

Two choices: take it to a radiator shop and have it recrimped (assuming the side tank is not leaking. I had one side tank split before). Or go online or to a discount radiator store and buy a new one.
Bob
-

it is just that, I'm tod - the side tank split.
Brad