Taurus Tranny Filter?

I have a 1990 Ford Taurus, with 125, 000 kms and I woul like to clean the trany pan, and change the tranny filter. Do I need any special tools to remove the transmission filter? If so what? Also, how many liters of fluid
will I need ?
Thanks,
Nino
Please reply to the newsgroup! Thanks!
Nothing special needed. about 4 quarts, not sure how many liters that is. Ill guess about 4.

fluid
Hey Scott, is it a Torx screw that holds the filter in? When I did my Plymouth Voyager van, I just needed a Torx scredriver. Is Ford the same Way?

the

not really sure, It's probably a 8mm (5/16). If it is a torx, one can be had at the parts store real cheap...