Taurus transmission lock

Hi, I have a 93 3L taurus. The transmission lock, where you have to press on the brake pedal to unlock the transmission is acting up [hard to unlock, Is this an adjustment, or switch [mechanical or electric] on
the brake pedal? Any help appreciated. Bill
Bill wrote:

Electrical lock behind the IP. Check for switch on the brake petal and for blown fuses.
BOB
On 1 Oct 2003 17:30:21 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@i-zoom.net (Bill) wrote:

Check your brake lights. If they are not working properly, it is likely your brake light switch. IIRC correctly, the system will also not work correctly if the brake lamps are burned out.
I had the same problem, check your brake lights, if they don't go on the solenoid won't release the shift lever. You probably need a new brake switch, it is not expensive, your local auto parts store should have one. When you replace the switch, you'll find the hardest part is worming yourself under the dash. Remove the red pin holding the switch on the brake and pull the switch out about an inch, and the swing the switch down. Replace with the new switch.