Taurus Wagon third brake light plastic, where to buy?

Some smuck broke all the plastic, but left the bulbs working. I'd prefer to avoid the dealer ($$$) and the junk yard, so I wonder if anyone knows of an online source for such a part.

Thanks,

Norm

Reply to
Father Guido

For the money you would spend in shipping the part you could buy it at a local yard.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Kitterman

Do you get the idea he doesnt maybe care for the 'ambience and atmosphere' of the sales desk at yards?

Understandable! Sorta like walking into any store on Rodeo Drive in your Walmart jeans and 'Alabama Rocks!' tee shirt... but in reverse.

They arent all that way, of course... I found Central City parts in Columbus, and Walt's in Springfield Ohio to be 'outsider friendly'

Generally, though, the smaller the yard the greater the 'redneck factor'

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

There is a really neat things called 'Ebay' on the web. If you use something called,

" I bet you can find it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Snarkey!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

heh.. we have one local yard here.. gotta love the atmosphere.. big old dude behind the counter with a glass eye, 2 giant dogs I could ride home wandering around, and you always seem to be interupting the conversation with guys who I swear must spend every day just hanging around the junkyard;) any more I drive 60 miles to the columbus u-wrench-it (or whatever they call it now) if I need something.. totally different world there..

Reply to
Dark1

~> Thanks, ~>

~> Norm ~ ~There is a really neat things called 'Ebay' on the web. If you use something ~called,

" I bet you can find it. ~ ~Jeff ~

Never though of that, I'll give it a try -- thanks.

Reply to
Father Guido

~>> Thanks, ~>>

~>> Norm ~> ~> For the money you would spend in shipping the part you could buy it at ~a ~> local yard. ~ ~Do you get the idea he doesnt maybe care for the 'ambience and ~atmosphere' of the sales desk at yards? ~ ~Understandable! Sorta like walking into any store on Rodeo ~Drive in your Walmart jeans and 'Alabama Rocks!' tee shirt... but in ~reverse. ~ ~They arent all that way, of course... I found Central City parts in ~Columbus, and Walt's in Springfield Ohio to be 'outsider friendly' ~ ~Generally, though, the smaller the yard the greater the 'redneck factor'

The only few yards I've been in my area all seem to be run by Hells Angels wannabes. I'd prefer not negotiating with them. I'll look for a stress free environment. Thanks.

Reply to
Father Guido

father Guido wrote:

Hmmm sounds like the need for a 'faq' on how to buy used parts, "stress and aggro free"...

I'll think about it... meantime check "car-parts.com". Seems to me, IIRC, a lot of yards will ship.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

This is for a 99 Taurus Wagon third brake light. Someone smashed the red plastic, but the rest of the assembly, and even the lamps themselves still work. I've searched for used parts, but no one locally has it, and the online junkyards don't let you select wagon, so all you get are sedan brake lights.

Thanks,

Norm

PS I'm just looking for some basic info, I will phone a dealer in the morning.

Reply to
Norm

You can also buy transparent red tape to mend broken taillights. I take it the 3rd brake light on these wagons is not located behind (inside) the rear window glass like on sedans?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Bailin

Usually you can buy just a lens.

GMach3

guess what !? A call to your local FORD delaer will answer your question.

Harry Face