Taurus Wagon third brake light plastic, where to buy?

Some smuck broke all the plastic, but left the bulbs working. I'd prefer to avoid the dealer ($$$) and the junk yard, so I wonder if anyone knows of an online source for such a part.
Thanks,
Norm

For the money you would spend in shipping the part you could buy it at a local yard.
Bill

Do you get the idea he doesnt maybe care for the 'ambience and atmosphere' of the sales desk at yards?
Understandable! Sorta like walking into any store on Rodeo Drive in your Walmart jeans and 'Alabama Rocks!' tee shirt... but in reverse.
They arent all that way, of course... I found Central City parts in Columbus, and Walt's in Springfield Ohio to be 'outsider friendly'
Generally, though, the smaller the yard the greater the 'redneck factor'
you pay..DEAL with it!

heh.. we have one local yard here.. gotta love the atmosphere.. big old dude behind the counter with a glass eye, 2 giant dogs I could ride home wandering around, and you always seem to be interupting the conversation with guys who I swear must spend every day just hanging around the junkyard;) any more I drive 60 miles to the columbus u-wrench-it (or whatever they call it now) if I need something.. totally different world there..

father Guido wrote:

Hmmm sounds like the need for a 'faq' on how to buy used parts, "stress and aggro free"...
I'll think about it... meantime check "car-parts.com". Seems to me, IIRC, a lot of yards will ship.
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, like Ron White says: "You can buy a tummy
tuck, boob jobs and facelifts... but you cant fix STUPID!" Well, you

There is a really neat things called 'Ebay' on the web. If you use something called, www.google.com," I bet you can find it.
Jeff

Snarkey!
you pay..DEAL with it!
~
~ ~> Some smuck broke all the plastic, but left the bulbs working. ~> I'd prefer to avoid the dealer ($$$) and the junk yard, so I ~> wonder if anyone knows of an online source for such a part. ~> ~> Thanks, ~> ~> Norm ~ ~There is a really neat things called 'Ebay' on the web. If you use something ~called, www.google.com," I bet you can find it. ~ ~Jeff ~
Never though of that, I'll give it a try -- thanks.
This is for a 99 Taurus Wagon third brake light. Someone smashed the red plastic, but the rest of the assembly, and even the lamps themselves still work. I've searched for used parts, but no one locally has it, and the online junkyards don't let you select wagon, so all you get are sedan brake lights.
Thanks,
Norm
PS I'm just looking for some basic info, I will phone a dealer in the morning.

You can also buy transparent red tape to mend broken taillights. I take it the 3rd brake light on these wagons is not located behind (inside) the rear window glass like on sedans?
Bob
Usually you can buy just a lens.

guess what !? A call to your local FORD delaer will answer your question.