taurus water pump bolt

hello,
I've got a '93 taurus. While replacing the water pump, one of the small 8 mm bolts broke. I'm looking for an alternative to lifting the engine to get
a drill down there. One thought I had was just skip the bolt and use an extra strength permatex... is that a stupid idea?
thanks, - george
Yes, that is not a good idea.... If it is a case of overtightening the bolt, many times the head will break off leaving enough to catch with a small vise grip. If the bolt is cross threaded, all bets are off.. I can't recall how much clearance there is but it is possible a careful tech with a right angle drill and a short bit might help. If you mooch the tools, it is essential to drill ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE CENTRE of the bolt to avoid damaging the existing threads.
HTH