Taurus window problem

My 1999 Taurus has two windows that do not work. The right front and left rear. They do not make a sound. I don't know if they stopped working at the same time. Is there a reason that would cause these two to be related, or is it coincidental? Aren't all four on one fuse?

Gary

Reply to
GARY

GARY opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3191.bay.webtv.net:

If they're like earlier Taurii (95 in my case), the motors are undersized and the gear lube tends to dry out.

Take the left rear one out and check it... I bought a used replacement but fixed the original by cleaning and relubing

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks for your response. Are these window motors difficult to get to? Do I need any special tools?

Gary

Reply to
GARY

GARY opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3195.bay.webtv.net:

just the usual.. philips screwdriver (#2) and a 1 1/2 inch or so putty knife to snap out the plug fasteners in sides and bottom, lift when you get the panel to swing out.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic