Taurus won't idle after battery disconnect

Hello - Hoping someone can assist with a problem I've had with an '89 Taurus 3.0. Car runs fine except when I disconnect the battery for any reason. Then it fails to idle - it stalls if I take my foot off the gas.
Happened last winter and again last week. Corrected itself after a month the last time. Someone suggested the computer needs reseting. If so, how? Appreciate any thoughts you might have --

you must drive the car to "reset" the computer, take it on the highway for a while if needed. If it still screws up I would clean the IAC and the throttle bore if its dirty.
the manual that came with my 90 said disconnecting the battery would reset the computer, and once reconnected and started to let it run for 2 minutes without touching the gas pedal for it to relearn the idle, but I suppose if it wont idle this could be a problem.

Throttle body and isc assy's need cleaning. Maybe you also need a new TPS
google this group on how-to...NOT carb cleaner, only stuff approved for throttle body/fuel inj.