Taurus X

I recently bought a 2008 Taurus X. We bought it by looking at a brochure. I bought the Limited package which I understood is equipped with the SYNC
feature as standard equipment. Now I'm told by Ford that SYNC will not be available until Oct. 2008 I have had the brochure since Feb. 08 I am not getting anyone at Ford to listen to me. I understand the Taurus X is finally getting a name of its own (Flex) and will not be built in Oct. 08 as the Taurus X. I have to say I'm disappointed with Ford for not at least trying resolve this in some way.

The Flex is NOT replacing the Taurus X, although it's based on the same platform.
SYNC was an option on my 08 fusion also. I can live with less software gadgets in the car!
Fred

If you go to the Ford website, and build a 2008 Taurus X, you will discover that the Limited package does not include SYNC. It's an option. If it's true what your Ford DEALER told you (not Ford Motor - they're different entities) that SYNC is not available until October, that's unfortunate, but sometimes shortages of parts does occur. There's always a disclaimer in the auto brochures that specifications are subject to change without notice.
If your vehicle doesn't end up with the SYNC system, you won't be billed for it, so I'm not sure what "resolution" you're looking for. Perhaps you should call Ford directly to verify that SYNC will not be available until October? Here's their phone info from the website:
800-392-3673 800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)
Available 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Local Time Monday-Friday
Derek