Tbird: Throttle linkage

Hi

I own a Tbird 91 SC auto. The cable between the transmission and the throttle linkage doesn't move. The visible part on the top is okay. What is on the other end (spring?) and where? I know it is somewhere near the transmission, but I can't see it! I have an Haynes manual and they only talk about the visible part...

By now, my car only shift at 4500RPM!

Thanks

Reply to
Pascal Boivin

You either have a throttle cable that is stuck at the full open position or something has gone wrong in the trans. I'm betting on a stuck cable that needs replacement. In this position, you don't have to worry about burning up the trans

- just blowing the engine.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

That is also what I beleive (cable is stuck)... I use this cars only

4-5 times per year. I guess the last time I use it, I push the throttle to the floor and the cable stays here.

If only I could reach the other ends of that cable!

Reply to
Pascal Boivin

I *think* its just a kick down. If so it only moves near wide open throttle. Can you pull it back into position?

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

Reply to
Jim Warman

Might also be a cable for cruise control

Reply to
Steve Stone