TECH: Reset Error Codes Ford Expl.?

Is there a way to reset the error codes on my Ford Expl. without taking it in each time to service? It's a pain to trial and error a problem when you
can't reset the codes. My check engine light is on and I figure once the codes are cleared it will go off and stay off if the problem is fixed. If not it will come back on. Is this a correct assumption? Any help is appreciated.
--

-Frank

you
======Yes, you can disconnect the bat cable for a minute, then see if it comes back.
while it may be a simple procedure to have the codes re-set lets not forget that they very likely came on for a reason, maybe you should have the codes read and rectify the problem before you simply re-set it. steve.

you
Get your codes read at your local AutoZone. The light can be reset at the same time you learn what your codes are.

you

It first depends on the level of engine processor OBD1 or OBD2, although in comparison both work similar there are major differences on how a code is stored and kept. So what year is your Explorer?