temp. sensors

>I have a 96 Thunderbird with a 3.8 motor that is knocking bad.I'm

> > going to replace it with a 97 Thunderbird 3.8 motor.The 97 motor comes > > with the wiring harness.The harness plugs up fine its just that the one > > temp.sensors is a little different wiring. >..I replaced the oil sensor and got it to work ,both 96 and 97 are the same.The

problem is a 96 3.8 has two sensors one has two wires the other one wire.The 97

3.8 has two sensors both are two wire sensors.Both also they have a third temp. sensor that's a one wire that leads to the back of the engine.Which one of these sensors are supposed to work the mechanical gauge.I got all the sensors to work but the temp. gauge.Please don't say I have to change the wiring harness.
Reply to
BRIAN