Temperature Gauge Sending unit

Question for the experts concerning my 1991 Ranger. The Haynes manual is completely useless concerning my issue so I thought someone on here would
know. The temperature gauge on my truck stopped working yesterday, not a big deal. Not affecting the running of the truck or anything, would just like to have it working again. No broken wires or no corrosion that I could find, so I'm thinking a bad sensor.
Note: For the following links to work, you have to enter all the info for my truck and then the section I am looking under is the Sensors under the first window. 1991 Ranger, 3.0L V6. Which of the 3 sensors controls the gauge reading, the Coolant temperature sensor going into the top of the thermostat, http://www.motorcraft.com/catalog.do?from=page (DY681 on that page), the Temperature sending sensor going into the front side of the thermostat housing (black/light grey tracer, single wire, I didn't pull it out so I don't know what it looks like. I'm guessing it looks like this, http://www.motorcraft.com/catalog.do?from=page , SW2328 on that page ). Or is it the Air Charged Temperature sensor going into the side of the intake manifold, http://www.motorcraft.com/catalog.do?from=page (DY674 on that page), which I have my doubts about, but I thought I'd ask just in case.
Until I found that webpage, the Haynes manual had me confused as to what was what. BTW, I changed both the Coolant Temperature sensor and the Air Charged Temperature sensor, had a couple laying around. But it didn't make any difference and I'm not exactly how old either of them were, although they did look better than the ones that came out of the truck. Just from reading up a bit on that webpage, it looks like the only sensor I didn't replace (Temperature Sending Unit) is the one that should be changed. Before I go out and buy a Temperature Sending unit sensor, I'd like to hear from you guys first.
Thanks Sharky
Try Grounding it. One wire is all a gauge usually needs, so the two wire stuff is probably not what you are looking for. Also possible just a bad connection at the gauge-- i've disconnected a few during cleaning.

Sharky wrote:

Its NOT the air charge one, it will be the single wire one. Unplug that wire and ground it to see if your gauge moves.
The 1 that looks like this http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageIdG0&LineCode=MPE&PartNumber=TS6628SB&Description=Engine+Temperature+Sensor

could
my
first
was
make
hear
Thanks for the help guys. I took the wire off the Temperature Sending sensor and grounded it, sure enough the gauge jumped right up to hot.
Not much to the sensor so I'm hoping a replacement should be relatively cheap.
Thanks again. Sharky