Tempo 1994 w/2.3L/AT Replace park / neutral position switch

Greetings,
I own a ford Tempo 1994 w/2.3L/AT. I suspect that the park / neutral position switch is having a periodically failure. The engine periodically
refuses to crank. When I work the gear selector back and forth I always get the car running in the end. I was wondering if anyone knows where that switch is located? I would also be very happy for any suggestions, tips, trick and adjustment advice on how replace the switch!
Thanks,
Hans
On the transmission behind where the shift linkage goes into the transmission. Bob

get