tex FAILS grade 6 history

Jerko, typical of you to take credit where your participation was nil among

>a lot of diplomacy. The fact is, the deal was made by us you lunatic. We >thought the hostages release more important than trying to mount yet a third >mission with equipment ill-suited to the task. The USA has since learned a >lot about equipment in dusty desert areas. > >Factual Quote: > >"In exchange for the unfreezing of 8 billion dollars worth of Iranian assets >and immunity from lawsuits Iran might have faced, the hostages were to be >freed. On January 20th, 1981, twenty minutes after President Reagan's >inaugural address, the hostages were formally released into U.S. custody, >having spent 444 days in captivity. "

lmfao you sure are smart tex

U GO GIRL

please cite your source i think your in for a SURPRISE

you unfrooze their ASSSETS...you did not buy them that freed the remaining hostages your 2 seal strikes FOCKED UP.....LMFAO but who RESCUED the ones during the RIOT

CANADA .1 man..... ken taylor

better get a REAL history book not one made with pride in the usa

those are like their cars and everything else they build

JUNK

U.S. President at the time, Jimmy Carter, immediately appliedeconomic and diplomatic pressure on Iran: oil imports from Iran wereended on November 12, 1979, a number of Iranians in the U.S. wereexpelled (some of whom were unrelated to the crisis or the new Iraniangovernment), and around USD 8 billion of Iranian assets in the U.S.were frozen on November 14, 1979. Carter pledged himself to preservingthe lives of the hostages, but beyond the initial measures he could dolittle.

In February of 1980, the Iranian government issued a set of demands in return for freeing the hostages. They demanded the return of the former Shah to Iran, and certain diplomatic gestures including an apology for prior American actions in Iran (including the U.S.-aided coup against Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh in 1953) and a promise to not to interfere in the future.

Shortly after the election, with the assistance of Algerian intermediaries, such as Abdulkarim Ghuraib, successful negotiations began between the U.S. and Iran. On January 20, 1981, the day of President Reagan's inauguration, the hostages were freed in exchange for the unfreezing of 8 billion dollars worth of Iranian assets and immunity from lawsuits Iran might have faced (the hostages were released minutes after the presidency passed from Carter to Reagan). This added to the nation's celebration of Reagan taking the presidency. They spent 444 days in captivity. The hostages were flown to Frankfurt am Main Air Force Base in West Germany, where they were received by former President Jimmy Carter (as an emissary for the Reagan administration), and from there they took a second flight to Washington, D.C., where they received a hero's welcome.

"WE" bought them out you silly self-righteous ignorant child. But, like all >sissies, you try to take credit where "WE" told diplomats what to say and >do. You would take credit for stopping WW2 or the Korean war too with only 1 >diplomat. What a sorry piece of crap you are. Typical pussy coward mentality >taking credit where none is due. You are a weasel misdirecting coward and >loudmouth piece of human excrement. And to top it off, you still haven't >answered your own questions. Typical childish fallacious attack mode. What a >miserable mental fantasy life you must lead. I'm sure nobody likes you and >that's why you spam all the boards with nothing else to do.

Kenneth Taylor, former Canadian ambassador to Iran, lectured on the unprecedented role that Canada played during the hostage crisis. Canada provided fake Canadian passports to six American Foreign Service employees who had escaped from the embassy, and was able to smuggle the Americans out of Iran after 79 days. For the enormous risks taken by Taylor and by the Canadian government, the former ambassador received the United States Congressional Gold Medal and the Order of Canada.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That (a) the President of the United States is authorized to present, on behalf of the Congress, to Ambassador Kenneth Taylor, a gold medal of appropriate design in recognition of his valiant efforts to secure the safe return of American Embassy officials in Tehran. For such purpose, the Secretary of the Treasury is authorized and directed to cause to be struck a gold medal with suitable emblems, devices, and inscriptions, to be determined by the Secretary of the Treasury. There are authorized to be spent from already appropriated funds not to exceed $20,000 to carry out the provisions of this subsection.

L MFAO h u r c

Reply to
ogeefrommikoogee

Incredibly spun tripe from uber-troll shitcanned:

Indeed, it was Ken Taylor and his embassy staff that did all that.

There was no doubt in anyone's minds they were heroes and a couple TV movies were made about it...

If others were like me, thousands of Canadians got free drinks on that and the first one I met happened to be in London at the time. He, too, drank free that night.

However, in my opnion, you've done your best, Hurc, to counteract 'that loving feeling'.

You are no Ken Taylor...You are Ward Churchill's illiterate bastard!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

no USA has done that canada REFUSED to suport yain IRAQ

neather are the yanks yhey focked up 3 rescue attempts

hurc

Reply to
ogeefrommikoogee

Sigh, not really I guess. Sorry, my bad. Consider it all really posted to "THAT" particular Canadian (if he is). Seems many people hold similar views to his, so I guess I am talking to them more than any specific group, nation, or country.

Actually, I feel polluted every time I post against him. I suppose crap can rub off if one isn't careful in handling it.

Peace, apologies, no more off topic stuff I guess. I will let him have the last word to satisfy his inner child.

Reply to
Tex

Boy Tex, I really hope that is not directed towards all of us Canadians. I'd like to think that at least one point in time, someone has gotten some good advice from me off my replies to this newsgroup. FYI, I have no interest in "sitting on my ass, getting free drinks and smoking pot". Nor do I come on here insulting Americans left and right for no reason, although we may not always see eye to eye, I personally still consider the US our friendly neighbor. I earn my living through my construction trade and care for my family the best I know how, not waste my life away, as you suggest all Canadians do.

I hope next time you will re-read your post before you send something as insulting as that.

Sharky

Reply to
Sharky

As an American, and one who served in Vietnam at that, which is one of his targets, I really hope Tex is just sick and tired of Americans being attacked by everyone around the globe. Personally, I would not condemn all Canadians for having an anti-American view, just as I would not condemn all Muslims, or the French, etc. The problem just seems to be that the anti-American views always get the best media coverage, and considering all this great country has done for so many, even with it's faults, that has gotten very old, and irritation. When even those we have always considered friends and brothers/cousins attack us.... We look around at all the world emergencies, from natural disasters to foreign invaders, we have responded to, then look at the number of times other countries have even offered aid when we have a major catastrophe (New Orleans, California Earthquakes, etc), it does begin to feel like Julius Caesar receiving Brutus show of affection. We have made mistakes. No doubt. Generally with the best of intentions, contrary to the notion of only self interest. Any nation, as Russia well knows, among others, which involves itself in the affairs of other nations, for good or ill, is bound to make errors in judgment. The ones which do not, are those which stick to themselves and leave problem solving to others. My Canadian friends, under the liberal government they have had, have taken on the appearance of somewhat isolationism. Yet, I know, that when the chips have been down in the past, they have risen to the challenges with courage and resolve.

Reply to
Spike

To All,

Yes, I am tired of the attacks. HURC tries to make the death of 4000 people and billions of dollars worth of destruction a trivial thing. It wasn't his family that was fried of crushed by some fanatics.

All my posts speak to HURC and his mentality. Bottom line is, everything I said was said in anger at HURC.

I've been many places and there is always one like him around. Thank goodness there are also reasonable and compassionate people around and they far outnumber HURCs.

Hurc, you jerk, FIRST BLOOD was those 4000 people and two skyscrapers. You trivialize that, misdirect, put stupid spins on things and just show what a coward YOU are.

If 4000+ deaths are trivial to you, then what are you worth?Less than ZERO.

Done with you HURC. I hope we never meet, surely you travel in a puddle of diarrhea.

Sorry to everyone else, I'm passionate about peace and freedom and protecting it.

Reply to
Tex

come on get a foreign policy like CANADA

the USA has its nose butted in everyones business with the USA foreign policy and the way you guys suck up to the JEWS you had to have seen it comming. look what ya did to IRAQ look what you did to iran how many deaths is the USA responsable for? go fock with peoples countries they will fock ya back

if ya want to play with the boys expect to take some hits

BTW

"We will starve the terrorists of funding," he said. "If you do business with terrorists, if you support or sponsor them, you will not do business with the United States of America."

--George Bush, 24 September 2001

but yet

"Carlyle Group, a well-connected Washington merchant bank specializing in buyouts of defense and aerospace companies." ('WSJ,' 27 September

2001)

Through his lofty position at Carlyle and as a consultant, George Bush Sr. is closely linked to the bin Ladens. As are other powerhouse U.S. politicians.

again how many causualties has bush cased in IRAQ alone?

4000 is TRIVIAL
Reply to
simpson4532

Take 'er easy, thar Tex.... Would ya kick a lame dog when it was down? LOL

Reply to
Spike