TFI module 95 escort 1.9l

All I find on this item is info about the law suit, what I would like to know, would this item going bad result in an engine that dies and won't restart? If there are no other ignition problems, would a defective TFI module result in no spark. I think it's the item on the distributor, as the only other item is a capacitor.

tonyk

Reply to
tonyk

I do not know the anwser to your question.... it takes about 3 minutes to check for spark... maybe you should try that

Reply to
Mercury

"Mercury" wrote in news:ESRXb.10575$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

Of course, that's why I asked the question, I have no spark.

Reply to
tonyk

=========================== YES. to all the above.

Reply to
Scott M

Reply to
Thomas Moats

cant remember when, but i got a 93 taurus.. bought it new in 93.. i received a lawsuit paper on a class action suit that covered just about every ford vehicle that has a TFI on it.. it was a concent decre that ford agreed to pay for the repairs.. being as mine never went bad i think there was an extended warranty fot those that never needed the repair.... call up your local for dealer and ask them to run the vin number of your veh. i their computer to see if they have an extended warranty on it.... if so that will save you pleanty... and yes it gets hot and the engine looses ignition and it will not start..

Reply to
jim

I have a 1995 Escort with the 1.9L engine, and I have never heard of this problem or experienced it myself. How about you check out the fourms at

(Escort enthusiast site) and see ifanyone there has any knowledge of it.

Reply to
Childfree Scott