Thank god for extended warranties

Page 4 of 4

Source please. Autoworld says they're light trucks. I trust them.
Derek
Derek Gee wrote:

Vans are a type of light truck, too.
I think the reason why they were considered light trucks is so that Chrysler could raise their light truck CAFE.
I don't know whether or not they are considered vans, but for all practical purposes, they are cars.
Jeff

Actually a lot more involved than CAFE. They also meet a lesser safety standard - which is less onerous and less costly.

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 18:59:37 -0400, "Derek Gee"

Where did I dissagree? I just said the Ranchero , El Camino, and Rampage were pickup trucks, and the Ram Van (Magic Wagon etc), PT Cruiser, and HHR were VANS - both being "light trucks"
You just like to argue?

No, I wanted clarification on why you're calling them Vans. I've never seen any federal definition for van, but the Feds have a lot of rules and I might have missed one or two. ;) So where exactly are you getting this NHTSA definition for what a van is?
Derek

The Escape is built on the Ford CD2 platform, which is in turn based on the Mazda GF platform, which was used by the Mazda 626. It's a car, not a truck (albeit with big wheels and slightly higher off the ground).
Derek