Thanks to all of you......

Hi all..... And thanks very much to all of you for your kindly help me with my van. I have done alot of maintenence (Wich I love to do.) on it since I bought it in February, and it now runs realy great. Thanks to you and your advices I have done:

Changed upper intake manifold gasket, and trottle body gasket , cleaned with carebuter cleaner. (because of very High idle. Problem solved.) Changed AIC motor. (Idle went a little bit up and down sometimes. Problem solved.) Cleaned EGR valve and PVC valve. ( Got sometimes CEL light . EGR not fully closed. Problem solved.) Changed Air filter. (Just maintenence.) Changed fuelfilter. (Just maintenence.) Changed oil and filter on engine 2 times. (Just maintenence.) Changed AOD oil and filter. (Just maintenence.) Changed oil and cleaned the rear differential. (Just maintenence.) Cleaned and filled grease in the front end. (Just maintenence.) Changed termostat and coolant filler cap, flushed and changed fluid. (Sometimes a little high on temp. Not solved it, but good to do anyway.) Changed voltage regulator on the instrument panel because gauges went up and down. (Sometimes a little high on temp. Problem solved) Changed spark plugs, distributer cap and rotor, and changed wires. (Just maintenence.) Adjusted timing. (Just maintenence.) Changed tires to BF. Godrich Commercial LT. (Just maintenence.) The brakes , Pads and drums where changed and maintenenced just before I bougt it. (Just maintenence.) Fuel injection cleaner added once to clear some carbon built up in injection system. (Just maintenence.) Checked Alternator and it gives 14,5 V. Batteries checked OK. (Just maintenence.) AC don't work, but that is because the R12 have leaked out.(Low pressure swich shuted it down.) Many of the O-rings are crimped, and it leaks there. I have decided not to repair it because we don't have so many hot days here in Norway every year. To expensive.

Specially thanks to Steve Barker and Backyards mecanic from me here in Norway. The car now uses 1,15 litres of gas every 10 kilometer. (Don't know what MPG.) No oil and no coolant use.

Is it any more things I should look after ? Or just now drive and enjoy it. I love to drive this van, and it's one of the best car I ever had to sit and drive in. (I have back pain problems.)

1988 E150, 302 EFI V8, AOD, 101 kmiles, 8 seats and high roof. Chesapeake classics crafted. ( Extra booster on brakes, Extra booster on Power steering, Electric park brake.)

Mvh, Tor Elling.

Reply to
Tor Elling Rustad

Tor Elling Rustad opined in news:4FrSa.3722$ snipped-for-privacy@juliett.dax.net:

You're welcome...

I really disliked working on my E-150, so it got neglected a LOT..and maybe it's cathartic to know someone who DOES like it.

BTW, I was wondering about the van's provenance.. how it got "over there".

Military in Germany, perhaps? Any idea?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

The car has been imported specially eqipped to Norway from a man who sits in wheelchair. Social department have paid for the car and equipment so it didn't do anything what price was. The car is specially equipped for him, and his need. Built after his specifications. In 1988. The car has been driven 97kmiles from that man, and I bougt it from him in february. Not well maintained the last few years, and thats why I have done all the regular maintenence now. And after I have done that the car is functioning perfect for me and runs exelent.. Some scratches here and there, but no major problem. Tor E....

Reply to
Tor Elling Rustad