That nasty "New Car" smell..

A Michigan environmental group has issued a study report that claims up to 500,000 people, mostly middle class elderly, die from side-effects of "New Car Smell' each year.
"We have previously reported on the serious effects of chemical outgassing in these new cars... but these unfortunates were set in their ways of buying new if they could afford it." said Dudley Flora-Smith of the Michigan Anti-Plasticizerer and Tea Group society.
"But now they are dead, having paid the price for their materialistic profligacy. We are thinking of asking the ACLU to inquire into the possibility of filing a class-action suit on their estates' behalf"
"But it's not only the elderly that suffer," Flora-Smith continued " Exposing infants and newborn to the acrid atmosphere has its price, as well."
Citing the obvious increase in childhood asthma, he adds that "increased addiction to "foolers" - vinyl or latex nipple substitutes- on the part of infants, and the attraction of teens to 'huffing canned chemicals' also are related.
"The odor of the noxious gasses has its effects on the brain's pleasure centers and sets up susceptibility to various life-long addictions!"
more here:
http://tinyurl.com/danlo
you pay..DEAL with it!
Talk about cracked dashboards on old cars. They seek to remove all the plasticizers so useful items become crumbled and useless much quicker. Some industry people would likely enjoy having this mandated so it would generate parts and replacement business.

ummm, I KNOW.. Leather covered BALSA WOOD!
you pay..DEAL with it!

Nah, then you'd die from over-exposure to termite killer.
SC Tom
Sounds like another college thesis leaked past the confines of the classroom..........

Honestly, when you first posted this, I thought it was an early April Fools Day joke, especially when I read the sentence quoting, "Dudley Flora-Smith of the Michigan Anti-Plasticizer and Tea Group society." Imagine my shock when seeing a news report elsewhere on the internet.
CJB

I did write that, in respose to the study about plasticizers... but I was serious in the tone of the content.
Like I said.... anyone can write that kind of stuff if you have an absurd sense of humor... or an absurd sense of reality.
Doesnt matter which.

you pay..DEAL with it!
This is nothing new. The same thing happens in your home when new carpet, drapes or furniture is brought in.