The chief of police cars

Who really cares if there's not much back seat room? The dirt bag who just got arrested for beating his wife or for holding up a corner store or whatever doesn't deserve to be too comfortable.

Reply to
JL

how can you talk reliability from a family car that runs short intervals to a cop car that is probably on the road 16 hours a day driving???

My grandmother has a 1993 grand marquis that in the first two years the battery went from not driving it for a whole winter, and around the same time the exhaust rusted out from not driving it, and just recently a brake line rotted.... i'm sure the two tires shes put on it since new don't compare to likely 6-8 sets of tires on a cop car over a 2 year life span...

i just can't see how CR would say it it more "reliable"

and WTF is reliable anyway???

I saw a comparison of police cars on discovery channel... they had 3 cars, the C-V, a Volvo, and another car representing another country... the volvo won in the police obstical course challenge...

Reply to
Picasso

I didn't resort to being a sarcastic asshole, why is it necessary now?

Bringing it up at all is silly, IMO. My argument (no need to put it in quotes, it is a real argument not a metaphorical one) is that both methods have merit. Top posting is, for me, actually a lot easier to follow. I say that as I do the third option, which is to trim to relevant text while preserving attribution markers, and then intersperse comments as appropriate.

Actually, the business E-mails I am talking about may be added to for months and may have dozens of participants.

I think if there is a difference, its that all the participants always receive and look at all the business e-mails, whereas NG threads get glanced at by an ever-changing group.

Reply to
Steve

Even if what you believe were true, the lack of room and the poor reliability record for the Dodge are two of the reason few departments chose the dodge over the Interceptor or the Impala for that mater

Reply to
Mike hunt

That may be your opinion but perhaps you should take a look inside of a Charger with the partition installed and you will understand why police department do not like the car.

The sales figures do not lie, eight out of ten certified police cars sold in the US are Interceptors

My former company serviced thousands of police cars in six eastern states. When it comes to reliability, fleet maintenance records tell the story of why police departments prefer the Interceptor

Reply to
Mike hunt

How few? Do you have numbers to back your opinion?

I see a lot of Dodge Charger police cars out there, myself.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I'm seeing a lot more of them recently - my town just got one, the next town west has one, and the Massachusetts State Police must've gotten a bunch of them because I'm seeing them all over the state now.

There was an article in the Boston Globe in the last month that quoted a couple of Staties and they *love* their Chargers for their power and handling

- and the fact that the motoring public has been so tuned in to the Crown Vics for so long that the Chargers are almost like Stealth cop cars...

/daytripper (always on the lookout ;-)

Reply to
daytripper

How many is 'a lot?' Do you have numbers to back your opinion?

Reply to
Mike hunt

Reply to
Mike hunt

One could say 10 of 10 could be stealthy.

Yet, if they are so stealthy, how come we are seeing them?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I have noticed approximately 20 on different locations.

However, you made the claim that few police departments chose the Dodge over the Interceptor. You back it up.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

One could but nobody sell ten our of ten police cars. The best ratio is eight out of ten for the Interceptor

Reply to
Mike hunt

Does the term, do you own home work ring a bell?

Reply to
Mike hunt

Could you please restate what you said, but this time in English? I know my spelling and grammar are not perfect, but I am unable to decipher what you mean.

Can you also back your figures with references?

Either way, the Charger is gaining ground.

Notice how the article says that the car makers don't say how many police cars they sell. So any figures you have are made up by you.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

No. It's your homework to back your claims. Not mine.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You do not need to do a search your are free to believe what ever you choose

Reply to
Mike hunt

It is not a claim it is a fact, look it up if you don't believe it. Search the Tribune Newspapers for one

Reply to
Mike hunt

No, it is not a fact. It is your opinion.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I'm not doubting that in the least, and every time i drive by the ford lot here with new interceptors on it, i wish they'd let me roll in and buy one.

I've owned 2 crown victorias myself and can't say a bad word about them.

Reply to
Picasso

Reply to
Mike hunt