The Chinese are coming!

Page 1 of 2
Watch out Ford and Toyota (and all others who make cars for sale in America and Europe)!
This NY Times article talks about how the Chinese car companies are
moving into North Western Asia (i.e., Russia) and Europe. It doesn't mention the Chinese companies that are building assembly plants in Mexico so they can get around NAFTA regulations.
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/13/business/worldbusiness/13eurocars.html?_r=1&ref=business&oref=slogin
Jeff

I don't know about anyone else, but they could give me a Chinese car and I'd still drive my Toyota....
--
Scott in Florida

There ought to be one day-- just one--

[...]
Anybody remember the early Hyundais? I mean the Pony, of course.
Well the Red Chinese cars will be ten times worse, since Red China has no concept of freedom and thus no real check or balance on quality. Can you say "melamine in your pet food", boys and girls? I knew you could.
They will sell like crazy for one year, then sales will fall to nothing once people see what pieces of shite Red Chinese cars are. Depend on it. The Red Chinese cannot wipe their own asses without an instruction sheet written by the West.
Communism was bad years ago, and it's bad now. It's just going to take a few more decades for that truth to become un-ignorable for the Chinese Communists.
Hey, next time you see a Red Chinaman, try saying "Tienanmen" to him...
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

Had you read the article I cited, you would see that the Chinese are learning from their mistakes.
They made a really unsafe the first time around. They won't do that the second.
Secondly, they are studying from the Koreans and Japanese. They are quick learners.

Depend on it?
I don't think so. Do you know where a lot of our electronics are already made? Who is our biggest trading partner?
And speaking of partners, the Chinese auto companies are working with western auto companies. And Cherry is going to export cars to the US real soon, selling them with Chrysler as Dodges.

In case you haven't heard, the Chinese economy is going capitalist real fast.
This is capitalism driving them.

That's not funny.
Jeff
Jeff wrote:

The intake manifold I just installed to replace Fords crappy replacement for its original crappy manifold which blew up was made in China. Nice piece of work. Car has never run better and for a change I don't have to add water every day and carry JB Kwik Weld with me at all times.

Good for them. It's about time. If the "learning" is actually happening, that is...
But, so long as the Red Chinese economy remains government-run, and so long as the press is completely stifled, mistakes will remain uncorrected until flushed out by the West. Can you say "melamine in your pet food", boys and girls?
Can you say "SARS"? I knew you could.

One "unsafe" was plenty. Can you imagine the backlash had it been an American company that had produced the one "unsafe"? Oh, wait, it's already happened. Several times.
Looks like the Communists get a gimme the West does not.

Not really. Red Chinese Communist culture makes perfectly intelligent people duller than dull. The good ones defect. The remainder need to be kicked in the ass repeatedly and regularly to produce stuff that's not shit, and stuff that's not late.
In order to meet American quality and delivery standards, you (as a Westerner) need a to have a full-time rep in Shanghai -- or wherever your factories are -- to regularly apply the whip to the Reds so they won't stop working the moment nobody's watching them. And so they won't paint an item blue that's supposed to be purple just because blue was all the factory happened to have on hand at the time.
You (as a Westerner), do all the design. You do all the legwork and quality control.
It's funny how Hong Kong and Taiwan have the same ethnic mix, yet a totally different approach to quality and innovation.

And who *manages* all that trade? Not the Red Chinese, that's for sure.

That's "Chery", not "Cherry".
So Chrysler is going to be selling shit under their own name, huh? I seem to recall they did that once before, with Rootes Group cars. We're going back a few decades here, and it appears Chrysler hasn't learned a thing since then.

The evidence "continues to mount", huh?

If you mean "state capitalism", then yes. The Red Chinese state holds all the cards within its sphere of influence.
If you mean ordinary individuals being left alone to pursue their personal dreams, then not even remotely close.
Compare the United States in 1870 to Red China now.

No it's not. And it should nevere be forgotten that THIS is the REAL Red China. <
http://www.myoops.org/twocw/mit/NR/rdonlyres/40BE95B5-0D8B-4E4F-9F85-F10E3F5E1A16/0/dept17imagetanks.jpg
--
Tegger

A perfect example is the reunification of East and West Germany.
The East Germans were used to the communist government....lazy, lousy workers. It damned near brought Germany down. The Communist way of life is what the Dim party in America wants us to become....
--
Scott in Florida

There ought to be one day-- just one--
Scott in Florida wrote:

Cut back on talk radio.

Talk radio? I remember seeing an article in '90 just after the wall came down.
Free Germans built BMW's and Mercedes, while the downtrodden built the Trabant, a two-stroke, oil burning POS.
I don't think talk radio had much to do with it.
Scott wrote:

What does that have to with the ludicrous assertion of what the "Dim party" wants?
http://tinyurl.com/l3bxp
On 2007-07-14 06:16:44 -0700, Scott in Florida

An old Cold War-era saying by communist workers:
"As long as they pretend to pay us, we'll pretend to work."

madness and the Democrats have sighed on, so it is the Democrats who created the problem eh bozo?

I would say it is more like taking advantage a dumbed down nation who was sold out by traitors who negotiated these outrageous trade agreements and then went to work directly for the Chinese or their law or lobbying firm received large sums of money for their services. We are suppling the Chinese with the money to build and aim intercontinental missiles armed with Nuclear warheads at us. These huge deficits we are gleefully accepting are going to be the final nail in our own self destruction. Our military is also assisting the Chinese to build up their military, talk about suicidal madness. There is no capitalism in China as the government controls everything and no one dares go against the central government.
You and the rest of us can take this opportunity to show the government, and the others that you think are the problem, how capitalism REALLY works. We Americans can stop buying all imported materials and products that we do, except those materials that we do not have or products that can produced by our own corporations and workers.
That is what the Japanese practice. We can start by drilling for our own gas and oil in Alaska and other states and our territorial waters and by building lower cost safer nuclear power plants
mike

tango wrote:

You can say that if you like. But I don't agree. I think open trade is good for both countries. However, the Chinese currency is undervalued, leading to a trade imbalance.

Write to President Bush. He has shown himself to be a smart man who listens to good ideas.

I don't see the Chinese attacking us.

I disagree. There is more and more capitalism them. The country is becoming more capitalist by the day.
I suspect we will still be in disagreement about this.
<http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/chinese-capitalism-reveals-dark-side/2007/07/06/1183351458713.html
Jeff
Jeff wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq956JmU1LE&NR=1

One of those deals where one doesn't know whether to laugh, cry, or yell "Arghhhh!" Cringe w/embarrassment, that's for sure.
(I'd seen the laughing baby video on its own before, but not interspersed w/ GWB's words of wisd... errr... with his Shrub-ite words & phrases.)
Cathy
Tegger wrote:

Nonsense. Chinese society is famous for producing quality goods:
http://tinyurl.com/37yxc3
larry moe 'n curly wrote:

Their work ethics seems a lot like our political ethics.
F.H. wrote:

The reality is that Chinese people work harder than people in the US.
<http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_40/b3953606.htm
OR longer when they make iPods:
http://www.wired.com/gadgets/mac/news/2006/08/71685
My experience in working with people from China is that they do work very hard.
Jeff