The Chinese are coming!

Another Dollar General shopper!

They do have some good deals.

Laundry detergent and Tuna for a couple.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Jeff wrote in news:Z0Wli.133$BI5.97@trnddc07:

I would say it is more like taking advantage a dumbed down nation who was sold out by traitors who negotiated these outrageous trade agreements and then went to work directly for the Chinese or their law or lobbying firm received large sums of money for their services. We are suppling the Chinese with the money to build and aim intercontinental missiles armed with Nuclear warheads at us. These huge deficits we are gleefully accepting are going to be the final nail in our own self destruction. Our military is also assisting the Chinese to build up their military, talk about suicidal madness. There is no capitalism in China as the government controls everything and no one dares go against the central government.

Reply to
tango

Scott in Florida wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Listen Pinhead, the Republicans were the party who started this trade madness and the Democrats have sighed on, so it is the Democrats who created the problem eh bozo?

Reply to
tango

Moe wrote in news:ALdmi.14291$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe18.lga:

Comparing the Japanese to the Chinese is like comparing peanuts to apples.

Reply to
tango

Obviously... have you seen the birthrate over there lately?

Reply to
jwardl

You and the rest of us can take this opportunity to show the government, and the others that you think are the problem, how capitalism REALLY works. We Americans can stop buying all imported materials and products that we do, except those materials that we do not have or products that can produced by our own corporations and workers.

That is what the Japanese practice. We can start by drilling for our own gas and oil in Alaska and other states and our territorial waters and by building lower cost safer nuclear power plants

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually, the Chinese birth rate is a problem. They allow one child per family, and this leads to lots of selective children, where the selection among farm families is for male children. There are 5 or 6 men to every woman, and the problem is growing.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You can say that if you like. But I don't agree. I think open trade is good for both countries. However, the Chinese currency is undervalued, leading to a trade imbalance.

Write to President Bush. He has shown himself to be a smart man who listens to good ideas.

I don't see the Chinese attacking us.

I disagree. There is more and more capitalism them. The country is becoming more capitalist by the day.

I suspect we will still be in disagreement about this.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

F.H.

One of those deals where one doesn't know whether to laugh, cry, or yell "Arghhhh!" Cringe w/embarrassment, that's for sure.

(I'd seen the laughing baby video on its own before, but not interspersed w/ GWB's words of wisd... errr... with his Shrub-ite words & phrases.)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Hope they make cars better than they make food stuffs

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I think the vast majority of their foodstuff is ok. The problem is that they have issues with quality control and governmental oversight.

As you say in the article, they also have their quality issues with cars. But, they do learn from their mistakes and from the Koreans, Japanese and Indians.

Jeff

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I read an article about it a week or so ago... Newsweek, maybe? Something like 20% (don't quote me, since I don't have the article at hand & have a lousy memory!) is tainted - & that's the food that's consumed within China. Really need to get their act together in this regard.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.