The Chinese are coming!

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

I expect the cars will be quite good. I was in several Chinese made cars over a two week visit over there and they looked well made and had no problem running fast (80+ mph) and smooth on their high speed interstate type highways for miles on end.
since Red China has no

And you don't think bad products have ever been made over here????

You have no idea what you are talking about.

It's a beautiful location. Despite their problems, the up and coming Chinese are intent on joining the rest of the world and are quite actively pursuing all the same stuff we are. They are also quite proud of their country. I expect that in a couple more generations they may have more control over the worlds economy then the US. They are the 800 pound gorilla.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/13/business/worldbusiness/13eurocars.html?_r=1&ref=business&oref=slogin
Don't worry. When the dollar hit 1:3 vs. Euro, the chinese will be making cheap stuffs for Europe and we'll be working our a$$ off to make our own, :).
Jeff wrote:

<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/13/business/worldbusiness/13eurocars.html?_r=1&ref=business&oref=slogin

Remember what air compressors and generator sets cost 10 years ago? Now they are so cheap most anyone can buy them. They are made in China and they are good quality. If these are any indications of the way things will be with their vehicles than the US auto industry is in for an even harder time. All the while the USA is tied up with a war in Iraq and running up our national debt.
Things made in China are Good Quality. Holy fuck what are you smoking bud.........? we have a store here in our city that sells nock offs made in china, and man is that stuff pure shit. Just like Wal-Mart shit.....made in china crap. Would you go buy a stereo from Wal-Mart?

<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/13/business/worldbusiness/13eurocars.html?_r =1&ref=business&oref=slogin>
razz wrote:

Since the average American family is losing buying power, and in all probability due to corporate owned politicians and outsourcing will continue to do so, getting accustomed to "Wal-Mart shit" is whats in store for most folks.
razz wrote:

I remember hearing the same thing about cars made in Japan, back in the early 70's and I said it at the time also. The products I've bought that were made in china have been satisfactory. This includes kitchen faucets, fans, air compressors, generator, probably most of the computer I'm using, tools, lots of things. The 12 dollar oscillating fan from Dollar General impresses me the most. 7 years now, quiet, runs fine, does what it was supposed to do every summer since I got it. Runs 24/7 4 months of the year.

Another Dollar General shopper!
They do have some good deals.
Laundry detergent and Tuna for a couple.
--
Scott in Florida

There ought to be one day-- just one--

Comparing the Japanese to the Chinese is like comparing peanuts to apples.
Obviously... have you seen the birthrate over there lately?

Actually, the Chinese birth rate is a problem. They allow one child per family, and this leads to lots of selective children, where the selection among farm families is for male children. There are 5 or 6 men to every woman, and the problem is growing.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/13/business/worldbusiness/13eurocars.html?_r=1&ref=business&oref=slogin
Hope they make cars better than they make food stuffs
Natalie
Wickeddoll wrote:

I think the vast majority of their foodstuff is ok. The problem is that they have issues with quality control and governmental oversight.
As you say in the article, they also have their quality issues with cars. But, they do learn from their mistakes and from the Koreans, Japanese and Indians.
Jeff
Jeff

I read an article about it a week or so ago... Newsweek, maybe? Something like 20% (don't quote me, since I don't have the article at hand & have a lousy memory!) is tainted - & that's the food that's consumed within China. Really need to get their act together in this regard.
Cathy