The Drive-a-Toyota Act

Page 15 of 16
F.H. wrote:

Yeah - key word: convicted. Cheney was convicted of what he did. Apparently Gore III won't even have a record for what he did. See the difference?
Bill Putney wrote:

At least Gore III's lack of a record was by way of a legal process. Some with well known fathers just have their records or lack of same mysteriously disappear.
F.H. wrote:

I heard that that happened to a family in Texas, originally from Conneticut, a time or two. ;-)

I heard that even happened to a president. Something to do about a whitewater land deal.
--
"Fire up a colortini, sit back, relax, and watch the pictures, now,
as they fly through the air."
dbu., wrote:

Clinton had a well known father? Do tell. How did that 6 year, 60 million dollar Whitewater investigation turn out anyway? Wait..., I remember, independent counsel concluded there is "insufficient evidence" to charge President Clinton and First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton with any criminal wrongdoing in the Whitewater land deal.
If you stick with Faux Noise you will always be confused. Diversify, its the patriotic thing to do.

Admittedly they did a good job of coverup and let their friends take the hit for it. The clintons are shrewd make no mistake about it.
--
"Fire up a colortini, sit back, relax, and watch the pictures, now,
as they fly through the air."
dbu., wrote:

Heh, see what I mean about Faux Noise? Convicted via the media. Know what happens when you mess with health care? Ask the Clintons. Ever heard of Richard Mellon Scaife and the Arkansas Project?
Shrewd? Shrewd is *preventing* investigations of crimes, like Bush/Cheney.
How much was the alleged Whitewater crime again? I forget, 300K? For "shrewd" I say they were pikers. The sign of a real pro is when you get into the neighborhood of millions.
For example, say your the CEO of a company that's about to tank and lose 23 million and you sell your stock for 848K? Then, you violate SEC law by not reporting the sale for 9 months. Whoops! *Then* forget to date the report. Talk about a "well known father", connections and shrewdness. To this day on one knows who purchased Bush's Harken stock. Heh, talk about a harbinger for things to come. Got any Haliburton stock?
F.H. wrote:

Can't follow more than one thought at a time, eh? He didn't say what you're dishonestly trying to make it look like he said.
What does this have to do with Gore's son getting busted for drugs and getting let off for good behavior anyway?
You're folllowing some kind of Soros script (i.e., "When they say 'X', then you respond with 'Y' to divert attention away from the real presnt-day issue") I take it?
Bill Putney wrote:

F.H. wrote:

I don't follow your grammar.
Bill Putney wrote:

The problem isn't sentence structure.
wrote in message

He can't handle the truth! ;-)
Jeff Mayner wrote:

I think I understand what Bill is getting at. If you start a conversation about alleged special treatment for *one* son of a wealthy and well connected person, its 'dishonest' to bring up the *proven* special treatment of the son of *another* well connected person. Throwing George Soros into the discussion however, is perfectly logical and honest.
F.H. wrote:

In spite of your intended sarcasm, you're absoutely right. I prefer to discuss things in the present day together. The Soros blogs and Gore III drug/carbon credits events are present day.
Bill Putney wrote:

LOL, tranlation: Like most rightwingnuts you insist on making the rules, or *changing* them after the damage is tallied up.
I don't want to play in your yard, I don't like you anymore, You'll be sorry when you see me, Sliding down our cellar door, You can't holler down our rainbarrel, You can't climb our apple tree, I don't want to play in your yard, If you won't be good to me.
"F.H." wrote:

Gosh and I thought that such outstanding people like the Gores are so much better than those damned other people. Now when they get in a jam, you just point to the people you claimed not to respect as a proper example.

The Gores and the Clintons are politicians in the same way Joseph Stalin was. They talk like they are concerned about the little people but all they want is control.
Look at them bitching about taxes. The deficit is actually going DOWN because of tax cuts and they bitch every damn day about the Bush Tax Cuts because not only is it reducing the deficit, but it's also reducing their control of Amerika. They want Amerika, not America. Jefferson should rise up out of his grave and expel them from the Democrapic party.
Charles of Schaumburg
n5hsr wrote:

n5hsr wrote:

Dude, you're delusional. Cite please about the tax cuts making any positive difference for the average American and not just Bush's "Base",or shut your flying monkey, right wing piehole.
Thanks. ;-)
Jeff Mayner wrote:

LOL, not on just the tax reality, the *slightest* investigation of what Jefferson believed would show that the Bush administration and today's government by corporation, faith based initiative etc., is precisely what he feared. Talking about the deficit going down is like speaking warmly about the doctor who nursed his wife back to health after he beat the crap out of her.
When Bush came into office, he inherited a surplus of $284 Billion. At that time, the Bush administration predicted a $516 billion surplus for 2006. Looks like he missed by about 800 billion.
As of the end of 2006 here are the top five deficits in US history:
1. 2004 (George W. Bush) $413 billion 2. 2003 (George W. Bush) $378 billion 3. 2005 (George W. Bush) $318 billion 4. 2006 (George W. Bush) $296 billion 5. 1992 (George H. W. Bush) $290 billion
Prior to the Neo-Conservative takeover of the Republican Party there was not much difference between the two parties debt philosophy. They both worked together to minimize it. However the debt has been on a steady incline ever since the Reagan presidency. The only exception to the steep increase over the last 25 years was during the Clinton presidency, when he brought spending under control and the debt growth down to almost zero.
Comparing the borrowing habits of the two parties since 1981, when the Neo-Conservative movement really took hold and government spending raced out of control, it is extremely obvious that the big spenders in Washington are Republicans and their partys presidents.
The only Democratic president since then, Mr. Clinton raised the national debt an average of 4.3% per year. The Republican presidents (Reagan, Bush, and Bush II) raised the debt an average of 10.8% per year. That is, for every dollar a Democratic President has raised the national debt in the past 25 years, Republican presidents have raised the debt by $2.53[6]. Any way you look at it Neo-Conservative Republican presidents cannot or will not control government spending.