The End of Detroit

Page 3 of 3
Does she explain why excellently made cars like the Altima were just recalled do to faulty designs? Yet Americans are so stupid they still buy them? Americans were so stupid the dealers were told not to sell them
anymore because the Americans were so brainwashed into thinking if its Japanese its gotta be good. http://www.newschannel5.com/content/news/20241.asp

This applies to the 2.5l, not the 3.5l engine. The 2007 is due out soon. Looks nice.

Is this more Bush brain washing?

How good of Nissan to publicly recall the cars with this problem and not try to sweep it under the carpet like GM did with their V6 gasket problem which went on so long and cost so many owners so much to repair. Good for you Nissan!

Recalls are generally not a big deal for customers.
Getting stuck with a defect and having to pay for it yourself is what pissed off customers.
John

Agreed. I've always been confused about the consumer reports preoccupation with recalls. I can't tell if they're good or bad. Would you rather buy a car that's had 5 problems fixed, or one that hasn't? The answer is: you can't tell from that information. That's the answer for people with higher thinking skills. If you have no thinking skills, you can pick an answer easily, but I'm not sure which one you'd pick.
You must have purchased your car used, since GM did indeed notify owners of record of its extended warranty for various gasket problems.
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

Odd, they never notified us about the intake manifold gasket problems on our 2002 Olds, and we purchased it new.
John
Have you had your dealer run a VIN check to see of yours is involved?
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

Well I know it was "involved" because the gasket failed at under 50k miles.
John
Did you take it to a dealer to be replaced, under the extended warranty?
mike

Rational thought must not be one of your more notable characteristics.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net