The Excursion is gone already?

Hello all:

I guess I'm out of touch with the SUV market...I was reading a post on the new Ford 500 fan site that listed a bunch of retired Ford models, and it said the Excursion was from '00 to '04...is it really discontinued? I thought they were ridiculous, personally, and I didn't see that many around. I thought the orginal "Crew Wagon" idea was fine, but then turning it into a regular SUV for the public seemed rather Lincoln Blackwood-ish.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Nagorka

What's the link to the Ford 500 site?

Reply to
Swanny

No not completly gone as of yet.

Ford is working on a extended wheelbase Expedition to eventually replace the Excursion, but I dont have an exact time frame for the replacement. I seem to recall 2007-2008 but dont hold me to that, it is all I have heard.

The tooling has been since paid off and Ford is reaping good numbers on sales (think $$ in there pocket ). The only reason I can see of them getting rid of it is because of the bad press it has been getting with Sierra Club for example.

I like the vehicle,I dont personally own one, but if I had the coin I'd probably be getting one since I would do a lot of Hauling (Cars, Large Furnature etc. )

Hope that helps ya

Reply to
LS-SSV/Mythos

Ford is offering 2005 Excursion.