The New Ford Capris

Hi,
First time poster in this NG. :-)
I read in a newspaper 3-5 years ago that Ford were going to bring back the Capris and of course I am wondering what the latest is.
Can you fill me in, as Cr-aig Da-vid would sing?
Cheers,
Max Charlton, London, England, Great Britain aka United Kingdom.
hmmm, interesting, not heard about that but a decent fast car, front engine + rear wheel drive, from ford would be very welcome. (tho' the new mussy is a bit tasty with the supercharger on it, puts in some very respectable times for a road car at Santa Pod)

They're such a cool motor, capris.
wrote in message

Are you sure? I had the mk 1 (Flying P--is), 2 and 3 and compaired even to the old sierra the roadhandling was terrible..... Ok on the straight i guess. I never owned the 2.8i but would have liked to give it a go. I drive a turbo charged granada scorpio these days and love it. So much car for so little money IMHO. Graham

They look cool. I've never road tested one, but I'd love to. I understand they're very fast, but what of these new capris?
wrote in message

Not heard anything of them but i will find out more. I remember the replacement for the original Ford Capri was the Probe. Never tested one of them either but heard some unhappy reviews about them. They dont look too bad though. Graham

I don't like the look of the Probe, I must admit. I like the capri - always reminded me of the space ship in the Atari VCS Defender game.
Can you really find out -- that'd be brill.
Cheers.