The Olin Foundation expires

Contrast this with the Ford Foundation:
"The Olin Foundation expires, true as ever to its mission."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120890807639136411.html?mod=djemEditorialPage
[from the WSJ]
Jack
J a c k wrote:

Great!
When I think how Harvard (which Pres. GW Bush attended), Stanford, Yale (which Pres. Bush and Pres. Bush both attended) and other universities have huge endowments, like 10 times higher than their annual expenditures (and manhy of the expenditures come from gov't funds, like research grants), it seems to me that these universities are too interested in maintaining their funds and not enough of doing their work of educating, training, researching and healing (they all have great hospitals).
I like how the foundation did its thing, then disappeared.