Thermostat the cause of no heat?

I posted a problem with my 1978 Ford Granada last week. Thanks to all responders. The air flow does change when I move the lever to vent, a/c, heat, and defrost. The hoses into and out of the water valve are
both hot. I haven't checked the blend door yet but I did remove the thermostat. I put it into a pot of water, turned on the burner, and found that the thermostat is opening too early - about 160 degrees instead of 195 degrees. I am buying a new thermostat today. They're only $5 plus $1 for a new gasket. Does this sound like the cause of my no heat problem?
Thank you

Could be... but more likely your car is possessed by demons and you called them there!
;)
Possibly.... though the thermostat should be changed as a maintenance item, anyway. On a car this old, I would consider a restricted heater core as a distinct possibility.