'They're throwing us to the curb'-Lee Iacocca

Page 2 of 2
wrote in message

I guess the fuel tax amounts depend on which state one is located. The federal tax is 18.5c and the state tax can be as high 41c Where I live regular gas is $2.49, premium $2.69 and diesel is $2.99 ;)
mike
wrote in message

wrote in message

Get real, motor fuels are one of the most competitive products the consume uses. If the oil companies could control the price at the pump the price would never go down. When you buy fuel witch station do you patronize, the one that is 2c higher?
The Congress has invested the cost of fuel dozens of times. Have you ever searched the Congressional Record for the results of those hearings? If you did you would discover the results are always the same. The price changes are driven by supply and demand.
The folks that set the price of crude are the commodities buyers.
As to Rendell the ONLY thing he has done since taking office has been raise taxes on his constituency, the working man. He raised the gas tax 5c and gave 80% of the money to Philadelphia. The nest thing he did was raise the personal income tax 30%, just a few years after Governor Ridge lower the tax. He is currently trying to add another 30c tax on fuel. He also wants an 'excess' profits tax on the oil companies, whose profit margin is LOWER than Wal-Mart. I doubt the Legislature will be that stupid, since it will imply raise the cost of fuel
mike

I thought nitrogen was the most common, am I wrong?
mike

A bow to you greater out of this world knowledge, but do we want to go that far for nitrogen? That does not leave much room for neon, argon, estrogen etc does it ;)
mike

Estrogen is not an element, YA THINK? You are so easy ;)
mike