Throttle Position Sensor?

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:01:57 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Satisfaction with what you received for what you paid has a reward of it's own. Because of my determination to provide for my self to a fault, I sometimes let my alligator mouth overload my hummingbird ass and, will gladly have some else do it next time. It is the wisdom of experience that allows me to make the proper decision ......... next time.
Ok, I have a 2000 Mercury Sable and have had a similar Idle Ai Control Valve problem that the other people have posted about. I ha the IAC replaced by a dealer, but the idle is still very rough, an idles warm jerking between 500-600 RPM.
Is this a situation where I should just go in myself and attempt t
adjust it? I remember seeing in the manual that you could adjust th idle speed by just turning a screw

If it has never been messed with before, no, do not turn any screws. You have a problem. Start with a visual inspection (vacuum lines ect.) Then clean the throttle bore. Usually idle problem on Fords are a dirty throttle bore and IAC.
No, it's not a situation where you should attempt to 'adjust it' yourself by just turning a screw. Idle speed is controlled by the computer in response to a variety of inputs and something is amiss, perhaps not the IAC at all. ... > I had the IAC replaced by a dealer, but the idle is still very rough, and idles warm jerking between 500-600 RPM.

it? I remember seeing in the manual that you could adjust the