Throttle positon solenoid

Fellow Ford Drivers,
Thanks to all you who helped me in the past. The other day I left the house and my 1978 Ford Granada barely ran after the choke came off. I
had to keep the pedal depressed just to keep the engine running. I discovered that by turning on the air conditioner I could have a steady idle. The anti-stall dashpot was keeping the throttle open as it should when the A/C is on. When I got home I looked into the problem and it looks like the throttle position solenoid has failed. On my 250 inline 6 it keeps the throttle open for the idle. I find that the solenoid does energize but the plunger is only moving a total distance of about 3/16" of an inch. Not enough to contact the throttle lever. I tried adjusting the solenoid but I don't see any movement. Before I order a non returnable part does it sound like the solenoid is gone?
Thanks in advance

=======Yes it does. can you adjust the whole thing to contact the throttle? did you try to clean or lube it? Try spraying WD40 or something into the pintle area. use a wire connected to 12V pos source and kick it in and out a few times, it might free up.....