Throttle Stuck

00 Lincoln LS V8

While driving the car on some rough backroads, all of a sudden the car wants to idle at about 3000 RPM. When I pulled to a stop sign I had to stand on the brakes to hold it back. Turned it off in the driveway and tried restarting and still idleing at 3000. What could cause this???

Reply to
KED

Is the throttle position sensor connection loose?

Reply to
sleepdog

Reply to
George Csahanin

lmfao bing wrong answer lmfao

more likley a vacume leak

nice try tard

hurc ast

Reply to
relic895

lmfao bing wrong answer lmfao

more likley a vacume leak

nice try tard

hurc ast

Reply to
relic895

DING DING DING!!

Idle air control valve is correct. Smacked it with a hammer and it let loose and now it's running fine. Thanks for the replies.

Reply to
KED

TPS was a SUGGESTION, dumbass. Do I care if it's something else causing his problem? Not as much as you. I guess you didn't notice that your SUGGESTION was somewhat off target as well. "Stuck IAC" would have been more accurate. "Vacuum leak" is way to general.

I'm not a professional auto mechanic and never claimed to be, unlike yourself. When do you actually repair any vehicles if you spend all your time here trolling? Sure enough, all book knowledge and no experience.

That's what we call a "WANNABE" in America (that's America as in NORTH AMERICA), dumbass.

Question retard, how do you spell VACUUM?

bing, you lose

Reply to
sleepdog

This clown is a mechanic?

So... what?, you've got your grade 12 and a few years of tech school? Your parents must be sooo proud.

Brad and Mia

is you worked on cars you would realize tps would NOT cause this symptom

lmfao vacume

look in a dictionary

bwhahahahahahaha

bwhahahahha yankee techs what a waste of time

hurc ast

Reply to
firefox7620

You propably should replace it or at least try to clean it. If it stuck once, it will probably do so again.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Bullshit!

I've disconnected the TP sensor and started my car and the idle jumps up to at least 2200 RPM.

Not 3000 RPM as the poster indicated but engines differ.

Damn, some technician you are

Reply to
sleepdog