Throttle Stuck

00 Lincoln LS V8
While driving the car on some rough backroads, all of a sudden the car wants to idle at about 3000 RPM. When I pulled to a stop sign I had to stand on
the brakes to hold it back. Turned it off in the driveway and tried restarting and still idleing at 3000. What could cause this???
Is the throttle position sensor connection loose?
On 27 Mar 2005 22:27:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

bing wrong answer lmfao
more likley a vacume leak
nice try tard
hurc ast
On 27 Mar 2005 22:27:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

bing wrong answer lmfao
more likley a vacume leak
nice try tard
hurc ast
TPS was a SUGGESTION, dumbass. Do I care if it's something else causing his problem? Not as much as you. I guess you didn't notice that your SUGGESTION was somewhat off target as well. "Stuck IAC" would have been more accurate. "Vacuum leak" is way to general.
I'm not a professional auto mechanic and never claimed to be, unlike yourself. When do you actually repair any vehicles if you spend all your time here trolling? Sure enough, all book knowledge and no experience.
That's what we call a "WANNABE" in America (that's America as in NORTH AMERICA), dumbass.
Question retard, how do you spell VACUUM?
bing, you lose

This clown is a mechanic?
So... what?, you've got your grade 12 and a few years of tech school? Your parents must be sooo proud.
On 28 Mar 2005 18:59:51 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

is you worked on cars you would realize tps would NOT cause this symptom

vacume
look in a dictionary
bwhahahahahahaha
bwhahahahha yankee techs what a waste of time
hurc ast

Bullshit!
I've disconnected the TP sensor and started my car and the idle jumps up to at least 2200 RPM.
Not 3000 RPM as the poster indicated but engines differ.
Damn, some technician you are
Idle air control valve, maybe

DING DING DING!!
Idle air control valve is correct. Smacked it with a hammer and it let loose and now it's running fine. Thanks for the replies.

KED wrote:

You propably should replace it or at least try to clean it. If it stuck once, it will probably do so again.
Ed