thunderbird

Hi I own a bird and when starting it up it races and the motor sounds like shit until I go a quarter mile, any thoughts on this on this one.The car is
pretty good other than that Oh I USE MOBIL ONE OIL 5-20 change every 4000 miles Thanks Pete
PETE wrote:

You are changing the oil too often for a 1966 390.
Or for a 1977 351M, for that matter, too, or a 1988 Turbo Coupe...
Rob
I did not say the year it is a 2003 390 ci Now any thoughts!!!!!!!

like
is

yeah... but they arent nice.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Well when you wait all your life to get one you want it right.I can deal with some problems but hope they are small ones. thanks Pete

a 390 in a 2003???
Well that's what my book says leave it to me to open a can of worms So you don't like thunderbirds And I am looking for southwest jewelry that matches the logo on the car specially the bird part and the stone to match. Now I think I'm crazy Pete

its not that i don't like tbirds, i think they are beautiful cars, just overpriced. it is my understanding though that the last tbird to be fitted with a 390 was in the late 60's when ford came out with the 428 thunderbird special engine.
PETE wrote:

I think that if you're drunk, you should stop drinking. If you're not drunk, you should start drinking.
Either way, let's see a pic of that 390 ci 'Bird -
I'm guessing it's either:
a 1963 390 ci
OR
a 2003 3.9L
Rob
The 1967 T-Bird I owned in the early 1970's had a 390 v8..