thunderbird rear end swap

A friend of mine wants me to help swap out the stock rear end on his '83 t-bird with the rear end out of an '87 turbo coupe. I guess he can get one
for a good price and the 'new' rear end also has disc brakes. While I am confident in my abilities to do the swap, I was wondering if anyone out there has any pointers. I am fairly certain that it should bolt right up. I already told him to get new bolts and bushings for the control arms. My main concern is in the braking system. Will upgrading to the disc brakes require a new master cylinder, or will an adjustable proportioning valve be enough to adjust the balance. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Jason
Jason S opined in

Look... if he's going with PART tc, he should go ALL tc. Front rotor/caliper, master cyl and prop valve
It makes it easier to service and minimizes problems in braking balance.

"Jason S" wrote

http://www.coolcats.net/tech/advanced/tcaxle.html
MB, thanks for the link. Plenty of good info from someone who's already been thru this.
BM, I'll suggest swapping the fronts out also.
Thanks again Jason