thunderbird rear end swap

A friend of mine wants me to help swap out the stock rear end on his '83 t-bird with the rear end out of an '87 turbo coupe. I guess he can get one for a good price and the 'new' rear end also has disc brakes. While I am confident in my abilities to do the swap, I was wondering if anyone out there has any pointers. I am fairly certain that it should bolt right up. I already told him to get new bolts and bushings for the control arms. My main concern is in the braking system. Will upgrading to the disc brakes require a new master cylinder, or will an adjustable proportioning valve be enough to adjust the balance. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Jason

Reply to
Jason S

Jason S opined in news:V5yPd.38252$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.columbus.rr.com:

Look... if he's going with PART tc, he should go ALL tc. Front rotor/caliper, master cyl and prop valve

It makes it easier to service and minimizes problems in braking balance.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

"Jason S" wrote

MasterBlaster

MB, thanks for the link. Plenty of good info from someone who's already been thru this.

BM, I'll suggest swapping the fronts out also.

Thanks again Jason

"MasterBlaster" > t-bird with the rear end out of an '87 turbo coupe. I guess he can get

Reply to
Jason S