Thunderbird transmission

I've got a 1990 Thunderbird with auto transmission. I towed the car home last week (half mile) & now the car starts fine but I've lost neutral &
reverse gear - in fact neutral now acts as a forward gear. Transmission doesn't appear to slip in fact drives fine (but only forward).
Is there any hope - the car didn't cost me a lot so I don't want to replace the transmission?
Thanks, Ian
My '93 did that at 200 miles new. It was stuck in low. The dealer put in a new valve body. It's been 126k miles since then... (I think there was some contamination in the valve body - it probably could have been cleaned... easy to get to once you drop the tranny pan... PoD