Tire Prices & Veterans Day Sales

I'm seeing the usual Veterans Day sales being advertised, but have not seen any for tires. Anyone seen anything?
I made some calls yesterday and for P215-HR7014, 40K miles and more,
prices were $50-70 per tire. Add $30 each for tax, balance, mounting, Calif fees. No one said they had any sales coming up this weekend.
This time I have a leak and can't spend too much time looking around or ordering online.
Thanks, fellers!
SJ
On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 11:06:03 -0800, "Sasquatch Jones"

If you can't spend time looking around or ordering online what are you wasting your limited time here for?
As far as your $30 tax for each tire and Calif fees -- did you vote yesterday?
On 11/6/2014 2:55 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Wonder if it is legal for them to buy tires out of state ;)
On 11/6/2014 2:59 PM, Frank wrote:

Probably only if he pays the fees on entry to PRC.

I'm not looking for cheap tires -- just checking for specials. The bad tire is typical Chinese crap. Hankook, or something like that. Don't remember the rating - probably 40K. Now after 20K miles the tread is nearly gone. This leak is a good reason to get rid of both of them.
Interesting - I was looking for the specs on the side of the tires, and they say "Made in USA". Sounds like monkey business to me.
Sasquatch Jones wrote:

Are they Coopers? afaik, they're the last man standing for US tire manufacturers.
On 11/06/2014 1:59 PM, Frank wrote: ...

Similar to eggs, probably have to have been free range moulds that formed them...and clearly no carcinogens! :)

mounting, Calif fees. No one said they had any sales coming up this weekend.

Heck yeah, Mexico ain't that far. Local prices are OK -- I'm looking for a new store opening or some place giving 2 for 1 just to get people in the door.

Calif fees. No one said they had any sales coming up this weekend.

Yes, I voted for Pat Paulson.

Thanks, Robert. Sounds like you found a good one. I've seen a couple of those around here and will check them out in the morning.
Correction...... what I thought was a cut on the sidewall turned out to be cosmetic. There was a screw in the tread causing the leak. How did I find out? I got such a run-around at the tire stores that I decided to stop looking for a "bargain" and went to my neighborhood mechanic. If it was going to cost $100 for a tire, I would rather give him the business.
Within 2 mnutes he had found a leak - screw in the tread. Sidewall was just a cosmetic scratch from scraping the curb. Total charge $15 plus I gave him some extra $$.
The lessons here for me are to only do business with people you trust, and there is no free lunch.
Now, about the tire store run around....
Every one of them I called on the phone had a different story and price when I showed up.
For example.... one $55 tire over the phone at Big O Tires ended up being $107 after tax, balance, installation and recycle fee. The "4 for 2" special now being advertised by Big O Tires turned out to be four $55 tires plus extras, totaling over $400: two tires at $70 each plus $40 times 4 for balance, installation, tax and recycle fee, plus the "required" super deluxe lifetime front end alignment for $110.