Too many dealers

Page 3 of 6
What's wrong with cars built in Germany or Austria, for example?
DAS

"80 Knight" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:B5SdnS-xYcjf7xrbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Too expensive over here in NA. That's why many of them sold here, such as VW, BMW, Mercedes, are built in NAFTA.
I just never really cared much for them. Plus the high cost.

That was more the case in the past, but these two very friendly countries have been going separate paths in some areas, such as in health care and war.

Sort of, they were never and will never be a part of our healthcare system. I'm not so sure the Canadian system is any better.
As for war, if we had a real one, I'm confident they'd be right along side of us.
wrote in message

*********** Having lived in a country where national health was a real and functioning program, I feel we are being shortchanged in the USA. Where I lived it worked, and worked VERY well.

I agree. They would not follow us into perdition, but they are staunch people with a strong moral and ethical base.

BTW Canada is right beside the USA and other NATO troops in Afghanistan. Losing lives on a regular basis as well. >:)

Right, but a friend of mine died while waiting for surgery that was postponed for over a year. Like others, he was going to come to the US for it, but waited too long. It is not a perfect system.

You are correct, it isn't a perfect system. I was told I needed to have another disc removed from my back, in January. The surgery date was postponed again and again, and I just had it done this past Monday. It wasn't major surgery, but I still had to wait several months. And, the surgery was the result of a work injury. On the other hand, I can go see my Dr., make as many emergency room visits as necessary, or even use after-hours-clinics and not have to pay to use them.

Oh, you pay. Just as we pay for a screwed up system.
wrote in message

Amen. I've had many Canadian friends over the years and more than a few relatives, who like to bash the American health care system. Well, it's easy to do - it has plenty of flaws. That said, when you look at the price paid compared to the value obtained, the Canadian system seems to be no better than ours. Free services aren't worth much when you pay 50% of your income to taxes to pay for a system that only works for the trivial things. Hell - we have really cheap emergency room care and doctor visits. I still have not seen where the Canadian system has proven to be in any way superior. Maybe in concept, but not in practice.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Oh - but it's *FREE*!! :)
Free at the point of use, as the British NHS puts it.
DAS
"Bill Putney" < snipped-for-privacy@kinez.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...
wrote in message

I meant no offence. What do you mean by 'trivial things'?
wrote in message

Canadians are always telling about long waits for serious issues. Many come down here for services because the waits are so long in Canada. The only immediate benefit seems to be for trivial office visit type of care, not for more critical, and complex issues.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
wrote in message

Yes, there are at times very large waiting lists. It depends on what you need done, and where you live. However, when a Canadian with no insurance comes to the USA to get a procedure done, how much does it cost? I would rather wait in line, then have a system that gives to the rich, and makes the poor wait. Again, no offence intended towards you. Neither system is perfect.
80 Knight wrote:

Illegal aliens are treated for free - by law they can't be turned down.

No system is perfect, but a wealthy person with a sore finger should not be treated ahead of a poor (or any) person with a life threatening condition.
Steve R.
--
Due to high levels of spam, all email to this account is being auto deleted.

Steve R. wrote:

Show me a hospital where that has actually happened. The laws state that NO hospital can refuse to treat a patient presenting a life threatening condition. They also cannot refuse treatment based on the ability or lack of to pay. You might want to look at how much health care hospitals in the US provide FREE to people. There is a LOT and it is growing all the time with all the illegals and welfare changes being made. Also look at how many hospitals are being closed down by the states they are in. In this area alone there have been 6 closed in the past 2 years. WHY? Because the liberals keep forcing more legislation to "help the poor". They seem to forget that the TRULY poor already don't pay for a lot of what they get.
--
Steve W.

I don't know the name of the hospital, but one example was in Washington State. My sister in laws younger sister was skiing at Mount Baker. Another person ran into her, and she went into diabetic shock. The hospital would not admit her, until friends coughed up $700.00 in cash.
Steve R.
--
Due to high levels of spam, all email to this account is being auto deleted.