Too many dealers

Page 4 of 6  


Certain private hospitals can do that. Community hospitals must take anyone. It depends on how the hospital was chartered. I don't know the details of it all, but it is a sad situation the few times it does happen.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I'm going to call "Bullshit" on that one. That's not how things work. I believe she may have paid the money and I believe she may have been pressed, but those are both different from not being admitted until she coughed up cash. There's more to this story, I'm sure.
BTW - just how did she go into diabetic shock from being hit? That's not how diabetic shock works. There is indeed much more to this story...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Marlow wrote:

Mike - you should know that you are not allowed to call B.S. on someone when they are making a liberal argument. They are allowed to embellish as they see fit and you can't question it.
Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my address with the letter 'x')
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

If anything, I understated it , and I am not a liberal ( whatever that means in the US). As for the Canadian system, I have had cancer 3 times, and it served me well.
Steve R.
--
Due to high levels of spam, all email to this account is being auto deleted.



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Slow learner, huh Steve? Well listen buddy - three's a charm - give up on this already will ya? You hafta quit pressing your luck here.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

After the other skier hit her, she slid into a tree with some force. Not badly injured, but she went into diabetic shock. I talked to her a week later, after she was back in Canada. Make what ever call you want, it happened.
Steve R.
--
Due to high levels of spam, all email to this account is being auto deleted.



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I don't doubt she had the incident, but it did not cause her to go into diabetic shock Steve. 12 years as a paramedic and I can assure you that diabetic shock is caused by low blood sugar. It has nothing to do with taking a fall or any other similar incident. If she suffered diabetic shock, it was because she was already at a low blood sugar level. That though, would make the two incidents unrelated, only coincidental.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Marlow wrote:

If she had low blood sugar, *that* could have been related to the incident.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Note the use of the word "coincidental" above. Though, the original story as relayed by Steve is that she was hit by another skier. The discussion is only about whether an impact like that can cause diabetic shock.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Marlow wrote:

So you corrected the original assumption. Fair enough. Then you pointed out that *if* she suffered diabetic shock it was she *already* had low blood sugar. At that point, the discussion was no longer about *only* whether impact can cause diabetic shock. *If* she was hypoglycemic enough to be approaching diabetic shock, chances are pretty good, (blurred vision etc.) that it "could have been related" to the collision. ;) Getting hit by another skier doesn't necessarily mean the skier that hit her was entirely at fault.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Well yes, that is correct, but it is not at all germain to the discussion. To refresh, the original assertion was that the impact put her in diabetic shock. That's the only point that has been under discussion. To suggest that low blood sugar might have contributed to the incident is potentially true, but irrelevant. Contributing to is causal, not a result of. The discussion was always about whether impact can cause diabetic shock. The proof was the definition of diabetic shock. There is no other discussion path at that point or any other. There was never any discussion at all about fault. I'm not sure if you followed the entire thread - it appears that you might not have. It would be worth taking a look at it from the beginning.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Marlow wrote:

LOL, I *did* go back on the thread. I did get you to admit there was at least "casual contributing." <g> Just playing around (and happen to be prone to hypoglycemia so I couldn't resist). Sounds like in addition to paramedic, you are interested in law.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
F.H. wrote:

Maybe you intended the misquote that you did, *or* you didn't understand his precise meaning. He did use the word "causal" and not "casual" - different meaning altogether. (If your misquote was intentional to be funny or something, then ignore this.)
Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my address with the letter 'x')
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No - because neither one of us know if there was. I stuck to one point and one point only. Mine was nothing more than a clarification that diabetic shock is not trauma induced. You tried to get me to say something else, but as I said, everything else is irrelevant.
<g> Just playing around (and happen to be

Only in staying away from the penalties of it...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
the original post was about car dealers not diabetic shock
Mike Marlow wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
philthy wrote:

I don't think we should let the thread die...., just yet. There's more milk for sure. Maybe later.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

What you say about diabetic shock is undoubtedly true. However the matter under discussion was that the hospital was unwilling to admit her without cash up front. This, in spite of the fact that the lady had travel insurance that included medical.
Steve R.
--
Due to high levels of spam, all email to this account is being auto deleted.



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Damn - I hate it when a thread gets yanked back to its original intent. Don't you know you can give a person whiplash like that Steve?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Marlow wrote:

Heh, that was *my* plan. I guess its dead now. (famous last words)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Changing the subject is a well known trick of argument.
Want a reference? "Straight and Crooked Thinking" by Robert H, Thouless. Pan Books. Sorry, no ISBN, my copy is too old for that.
Steve R.
--
Due to high levels of spam, all email to this account is being auto deleted.



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.