too much transmission fluid

Accidentally put in too much transmission fluid (need new glasses). It is up past the hatch marks.

Will it hurt anything? Should I try to remove some.

1992 Aerostar.

Thanks

Reply to
snoopy

I would get it out

up past the hatch marks.

Reply to
mjjohn

snoopy, It's not gonna hurt anything as long as it's not way past the hash marks. Just a little past is fine. I drove my T-bird for over a year with the fluid WELL past the hashmarks and she was fine. I did recently service the trainy and everything looked good.

Reply to
none

Common wisdom has it that if it's significantly over you are risking foaming in the fluid, resulting in malfunction or even damage. I would remove the excess. Get one of those tiny $10 drill driven pumps and use it to suck some fluid out through the dipstick tube.

up past the hatch marks.

Reply to
IK

Remove some.

I agree with the other poster, use a pump to draw excess from the dipstick tube.

up past the hatch marks.

Reply to
IanCT