Page 2 of 3
Jeez. No mention of the Urkelmobile. :)

Speaking of Green Hornet:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gs8k3v5PZNA&mode=related&search

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
George Orwell wrote:

What about the power wagon, from simon and simon... that should never have been left out!
Rockfords Firebird.
Jeff DeWitt
George Orwell wrote:

Oh, hell yeah! Was there ever a TV car that looked so much like, well, a car?
message

What about BJ & the Bears Kenworth?... or Speed Racers Mach 5?... Definitely the Mach 5!!! http://www.speedracer.com/
Duncan wrote:

Yep - I was wondering when someone was going to mention the coolest car ever.
Until the Flintstone's ride was mentioned, I thought maybe the OP was excluding cartoon cars.
And since the Flintstone's car is in the "top 10", I should point out that there were much cooler cars on that series than the one Fred drove.
Seriously - what next? Including the Brady's station wagon just because it was a popular TV show?
And what about The Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo? Doesn't that deserve an honorable mention at least?
And while I agree the Munster's family car should be on the list, what about Grandpa's dragster?

Shall we talk George Jetson?

You can't have this list without the highly modified 1966 GTO the Monkees drove in their TV series. A hot looking Barris (I think) custom.
==================
message

Let's not forget the Monkee Mobile either http://www.monkees.net/docs/mmobile.htm
George Orwell wrote:
They mention the Munster Koach, but completely ignore Grandpa Munsters (way cooler IMHO) Dragula. http://www.munsterkoach.com/Dragula1.htm
Hey how come no one has yet mentioned Columbo's Volvo!? Now THAT was a car with character!
auzerais v wrote:

Yeah, it had so much character no one even knows what it was <G>.
Oh, and it was a 1959 Pugout 403, not a Volvo.
http://www.columbo-site.freeuk.com /
Jeff DeWitt

Vice"? Driving someone else's Ferrari in a tropical paradise with the taxpayers footing the gas bill.
And he had boats.
Mark Nobles wrote:

The 'Cuda from Nash Bridges was way cooler.

Yeah, I was amazed they skipped Miami Vice; I figured they used up their Ferrari quota on Magnum. And of course for (I think) most of the run it was a GTSi. And I don't think Robin paid for gas. I mean, how could he? Unless he gave Magnum a credit card. There isn't a gas pump to steal from on the estate, and Higgins sure isn't gonna gas it up or reimburse Thomas.
George Orwell wrote:

What about KITT?
It just HAS to be on that list
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!

El Bandito wrote:

No, it doesn't. Another underpowered smogged-out 80s POS, not a real car underneath. At least Rockford's firechicken could be had with a big-inch v8. And I'm still trying to think of a Ford that's better than the all-looks and no go 75 Torino on Starsky and Hutch.
Steve wrote: . And I'm still trying to think of a Ford that's better than the

Maybe the big block powered, luxo barge Mercurys from Hawaii Five-0? :)
Actually, I can't think of any cool Ford TV cars. Movie cars are a different story; Bullitt, Gone in 60 Seconds, White Lightning, etc.
Tom Adkins wrote:

Well, given that I also like Chrysler 300s and drive a C-body Dodge, YEAH, those would count :-)
But seriously, SOME TV show must have featuered a '66 to '70 Torino. Or a Cougar, or a Mach 1...

More than half the cars on TV in the 60s and 70s were Fords, but like you say all I remember are things like McGarrett's Mercs, Cannon's Lincoln, and Hutch's beat-up LTD (and yeah, Starsky's Torino too), and Uncle Jesse's pickup. But I'm sure I'm just forgetting something.