Top 10 TV Cars

Yeah, it had so much character no one even knows what it was .

Oh, and it was a 1959 Pugout 403, not a Volvo.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

The 'Cuda from Nash Bridges was way cooler.

Reply to
Fred G. Mackey

Yes, but the orginal topic was TV CARS, not vehicles.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

There have been modern live-action movie treatments of the Flintstones, and now they're producing a live-action Jetsons movie. Somebody should do a live-action movie treatment of Supercar. If he would be agreeable to do a children's story as a change of pace, I would hire Dale Brown to help write a live-action Supercar script as a "children's technothriller."

Well, I guess my final recommendation of My Mother The Car fell on deaf ears. Oh, well, so I got one wrong.

Reply to
Steven L.

No, they should not.

Brian

Reply to
Default User

Yeah, I was amazed they skipped Miami Vice; I figured they used up their Ferrari quota on Magnum. And of course for (I think) most of the run it was a GTSi. And I don't think Robin paid for gas. I mean, how could he? Unless he gave Magnum a credit card. There isn't a gas pump to steal from on the estate, and Higgins sure isn't gonna gas it up or reimburse Thomas.

Reply to
Anim8rFSK

But it ain't a *TV* vehicle. The Enterprise E is a movie vehicle.

Reply to
Anim8rFSK

Shall we talk George Jetson?

Reply to
Anim8rFSK

I stand corrected. I should have said Enterprise D.

Thanks for the correction.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Ah. I thought you really meant the E. I've never liked the D.

YMMV

Reply to
Anim8rFSK

A live-action version of Speed Racer is supposed to come out next year. Cristina Ricci as Trixie, Susan Sarandon and John Goodman as Mom and Pops Racer.

I think they should animate Speed though - No live actor could ever capture his aura.

Reply to
Fred G. Mackey

Oh, hell yeah! Was there ever a TV car that looked so much like, well, a car?

Reply to
Victor Velazquez

What about KITT?

It just HAS to be on that list

Reply to
El Bandito

Jed Clampet's Truck (From The Beverly Hillbilly's)

Reply to
jcr

How about Captain Video's "Jet Mobile", really an Austin Healy. Yes I am that old! Then there is the MKII Jaguar of Inspector Morse. I had one of those.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Don't forget Red's Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser on "That 70's Show".

Reply to
QX

It was a full-sized car? I always remember it as looking so bad that I thought it was a plastic model.

I had, mercifully, forgotten that show. I'm not at all pleased to be reminded of it. It was wretched. The only possible reason for watching it would be that you happened to like Dodge Vipers and I do not.

I would have put this at #1, partly because it was a great car, great looking, suited Batman, as you say, to a T, was totally out there as far as styling goes and had all kinds or crazy capabilities (and the writers would add new ones whenever the plot demanded it).

In that vein, how about Perry Mason's El Dorado? In many of the earlier shows, he drove some sort of mass-market Ford but eventually he moved up to a Cadillac. It was never a plot element that I can recall but it was a very nice car.

Additional nominees:

Car 54! Why not?

1-Adam-12! In a later season, it was an AMC Matador. A friend of mine drove one of these cars and said it was an awesome police car; the 360 was extremely quick, he thought it would outrun anything other than a 'Vette.

And how could you forget the 'Vette from "Route 66?"

Or, another 'Vette, a Stingray, a '64, I think, from "Stingray," another short-lived but interesting TV series.

Reply to
DH

Thats about the only thing on your list I agree with. C'mon, you've got Starsky's smogged-out SMALLBLOCK mid-70's single-exhaust Torino ranked (which is an insult to Ford guys everywhere), and then you don't even mention Mannix's Challenger or The General Lee (yeah, it was a dumb show, but even that paint job can't ruin the looks of a '69 Charger), or Daisy's yellow Sebring? Get real.

Reply to
Steve

No, it doesn't. Another underpowered smogged-out 80s POS, not a real car underneath. At least Rockford's firechicken could be had with a big-inch v8. And I'm still trying to think of a Ford that's better than the all-looks and no go 75 Torino on Starsky and Hutch.

Reply to
Steve

Jeez. No mention of the Urkelmobile. :)

Reply to